Final PlayStation VR specs revealed
Specific appearance of the virtual reality headset, as well as the contents of the box, have been confirmed.
The president of Sony Computer Entertainment, Andrew House, has unveiled what will be the definitive version of PlayStation VR, the virtual reality headset for Playstation 4. The hardware will have a 5.7-inch OLED screen with a resolution of 1920 x RGB x 1080 (960 x RGB x 1080 per eye), supports refresh rates between 120Hz and 90Hz, a field of view of about 100º and tracking 360º with a latency of less than 18ms. It will have among its sensors with accelerometer and gyroscope, while for its connection interface it will make use of HDMI and USB sockets.
What will we find in the product box? According to the file released by Sony, the PlayStation VR helmet, the processor unit, a stereo headset, the HDMI cable, the USB cable, an AC adapter and power cable will be included, as well as another adapter for the connection of the VR device. As we have explained in other news, it will not come standard with the PlayStation Camera.
House has further confirmed that currently there are more than 230 developers working with the device in a total of 160 video games. There are 50 titles expected between the launch of PlayStation VR next October and the end of this year 2016. One of the most surprising news, beyond the price of the hardware, has been Sony's collaboration with DICE for a reality experience virtual game with Star Wars: Battlefront.
- VR viewfinder: 187 × 185 × 277 mm approx. (width × height × length, excluding the largest projection and with the headband minimized)
- Processing unit: 143 × 36 × 143 mm approx. (width × height × length, excluding largest projection)
- VR viewfinder: 610 grams approx. (cable not included)
- Processing unit: 365 grams approx.
- 5.7 inch
- 1920 x RGB x 1080 (960 x RGB x 1080 per eye).
- 120Hz, 90Hz
- About 100 degrees
- Six-axis motion detection system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)
- VR headset: HDMI, AUX, Stereo Headphone Jack
- Processing unit: HDMI TV, HDMI PS4, USB, HDMI, AUX
- Render 3D audio, Social Screen (mirror mode, separate mode), Kinematic mode
- PlayStation VR helmet
- Processor unit
- Stereo headphones
- HDMI cable
- USB Cable
- AC power cord and adapter
- VR helmet connection adapter