Far Cry 5 Specialists and Fighters: Recruit and Make the Most Out of Them
Are you missing allies in Far Cry 5? Find them all with this guide.
The Gate of Eden may be pretty bad vibes, but in Far Cry 5 you never have to fight for the liberation of Hope County alone: in addition to cooperative multiplayer, you will always have access to a host of NPC allies to keep you company on your adventures. . We are talking about specialists and fighters. You may have recruited quite a few so far, but in case you're missing one, we've got you covered with this guide.
First of all, let's do a brief review on this mechanic. What are the differences between specialists and fighters? Quite little actually: they are all allies you can call at any time and have skills to lend you in combat.
Unlock the Magnopulse alien weapon in Far Cry 5
Specialists are very special characters that are unlocked after completing certain side missions. There are some who are human and some who are animals, but all have unique "class" and abilities. They never die, they only fall in combat and retreat for a time. Combatants, for their part, are always human without a special class. We could consider them rank and file soldiers of the resistance. They develop random generic abilities as they fight, but if they fall three times, you won't be able to save them any more.
All Far Cry 5 Specialists Location, Skills and Tips
To unlock each of these allies, you must go to the location indicated in the region of turn and complete the story mission that they will give you there. In general they are easy missions - or at least simple - so you will mainly have to worry about locating the specialist you want and going there. All locations are marked on the map.
Once you have them in your squad, use them as much as you want without fear of dying: the worst that can happen to them is that they have to withdraw from combat. They have a cooldown time, and in most cases you can reduce it by purchasing relevant skills in the last branch of the skill tree.
|Hurk Drubman Jr|
Far Cry 5 Fighters Skills and Tips to Take Advantage of Them
The combatants are common soldiers that can be easily found in the world, once you capture an outpost of the Eden Gate, rescue them from the cultists or reach a town. If you hire them (you don't have to pay them, so just "recruits") they will fight for you in the same way as specialists.
However, they can only fall in combat three times. The fourth time, you can only choose to give them a merciful shot to end their agony. Also, you can only list three of them at a time in your rows. They are apparently weaker than Specialists, so why would you want to call fighters instead?
The answer is that they are more versatile, hence their name. They have two random abilities from a single list, and they wield more diverse weapons. However, the skills are unlocked as they fight for you: the first one appears when they add 5 kills, and the second when they reach 12. During the time they fight for you, they will be great allies. If they die, just find more to recruit.
Additional tips and tricks Use multiple allies at the same time, use them wisely
- You can unlock extra ally slots to summon two at the same time by purchasing the "leadership" skill in the skill tree.
- Specialists are stronger and more spectacular, but not necessarily better than fighters.Take a look at the skills of the latter: many of them can come to you better than a specialist depending on what you want to do.
- Any ally you call will follow you even if you get into a vehicle, although it may take time for them to appear later because they will have to catch up with you.
- If you have a living ally and you fall in combat, press and hold the hold on to life button - NPCs can revive you too. Even the animals!
- If a specialist falls in combat, it will take a long time before you can call them back. However, if you kick them out of the squad from the menu, they only take a minute to be available again.