Top Japan: PS4 Yakuza 3 Debuts Leader
Splatoon 2 and Nintendo Switch's Taiko no Tatsujin closely follow Sega's game.
Like every week, Media Create has released the sales data of games and consoles in the Japanese market during the last seven days, in which the remastering of the classic Yakuza 3 for PlayStation 4 has become the best-selling title, followed by Splatoon 2 and Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! for Nintendo Switch.
New releases such as Fire Pro Wrestling World or Bullet Girls Phantasia for PS4 have also crept into the best-sellers list, although the table is once again dominated by video games for Nintendo consoles. To highlight the 11th place for the fantastic Okami HD for Switch, which at its premiere has sold just over 14,000 units.
With regard to hardware sales, few changes compared to recent weeks, with the Kyoto hybrid console being the best-selling platform.
Game sales (running total)
- [PS4] Yakuza 3 (Sega) - 26,047 (New)
- [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo) - 21,630 (2,532,658)
- [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! (Bandai Namco) - 21,020 (140,911)
- [PS4] Fire Pro Wrestling World (Spike Chunsoft) - 20,218 (New)
- [3DS] WarioWare Gold (Nintendo) - 19,183 (50,201)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) - 17,795 (1,688,546)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Microsoft) - 17.003 (186.221)
- [NSW] Mario Tennis Aces (Nintendo) - 16,456 (297,138)
- [NSW] Pro Yakyuu Famista Climax (Bandai Namco) - 15,671 (58,517)
- [PS4] Bullet Girls Phantasia (D3 Publisher) - 14,396 (New)
Console sales (previous week)
- Switch - 50,143 (50,799)
- PlayStation 4 - 16,982 (13,113)
- New 2DS XL - 7.628 (9.015)
- PlayStation 4 Pro - 5,044 (5,889)
- PlayStation Vita - 3,507 (3,339)
- New 3DS XL - 2.784 (3.010)
- 2DS - 498 (561)
- Xbox One X - 43 (53)
- Xbox One - 31 (21)